This sorbet is ready in minutes, and it is the perfect treat on a hot summer day! The best part is, there is no added sugar, and it is packed with vitamins, so you can feel good about eating it! This sorbet stays good in your freezer for up to one month! Enjoy!
Latest from the Blog
Last week I had the honor of being part of a “Red Carpet Royalty” youth girls event at my dear friend Dayna’s house. Dayna is a youth leader at her church and she wanted to do something really special for the girls, where she made them feel like the royalty that they are, being God’s daughters! It was quite an amazing night, where we celebrated the unique beauty that God has place inside each one of us!
Here are some pictures from this incredible night! (A big thanks to Dayna for sharing the lovely photos from the evening as well!) I hope this post reminds you that every woman is truly beautiful and created special and unique by our creator!
The night started by the girls trying on and picking out a dress to wear. The dresses were lightly worn dresses that were donated. This allowed us to have a whole ‘wardrobe’ of dresses for the girls to pick from.
After the girls picked their dress, we did their hair and make up. The point of this was not to focus on the ‘external’ beauty, but we did want them to feel like it was a special night, and a little make up, dresses, and getting their hair done truly made them feel like it was a “red carpet night”
After we were all ready, we took pictures in Dayna’s studio. We each took a turn to write one word that describes our testimony!
To make the girls feel ‘extra’ special (and like the royalty they are) we even rented a limo for the evening, decked out with a red carpet! :)
We blasted Hillsong Young & Free and danced the whole way to the restaurant, (one of my favorite parts of the night!) :)
We ate at Mongolian BBQ, and had dessert at a frozen yogurt shop! Talk about fun!
The BEST part of entire night however was when we all came back to Dayna’s house and each of the ‘leaders’ (including myself) shared our testimonies as the girls gathered around and listened. It was pretty amazing because out of the six leaders, we each had an entirely different testimony that could potentially reach into each girls heart in a unique way.
I personally started my testimony off by saying “If I could talk to my 16 year old self, I would say…” Because, boy do I wish I could go back and tell my 16 year old self what is really important in this life! It was amazing to be able to share these bits of encouragement and wisdom with these girls, and to pray with them at the end of the night.
Overall, it was such a blessing to pour into each one of these young women, knowing that each one of them are precious daughters of the King of Kings! I hope this post blessed, encouraged, and even inspired you guys to reach out to young women in your own lives and pour into them in some way! Just think of what an amazing thing it is to share what God has taught you to the next generation! Now that my friends is the power of a testimony at work! :)
Here are my top 10 tips for making workouts more enjoyable:
- Download a book on your iPod or phone, and listen while you work out. OR Put together your own workout playlist filled with energizing songs.
- Workout with a partner. Whether it is a friend or family member—it is great for motivation and accountability!
- Try something different! Pilates? Kickboxing? Zumba? A new-to-you class can be motivating and energizing.
- Schedule your workouts every Sunday for the upcoming week.
- Switch exercise machines every 5–10 minutes. This variety makes time fly by—and challenges your body in different ways.
- Work with a personal trainer (sessions are often cheaper if you do it with a friend or family member).
- Change the time you work out. If you generally work out in the morning, try the evening—or vice versa.
- Check out a new gym. Often gyms offer your first visit for free.
- Go outside and do something to get your heart rate up. Try ice skating in the winter or swimming in the summer. Maybe ride a bike or walk the dog—or a neighbor’s dog!
- Get your workout clothes ready the night before. This way you are less likely to make an excuse. OR Not only is that a time-saver, but it’s one less excuse not to go!
To get you started, here is a fun & motivating partner workout!
|Circuit #||Partner #1||Partner #2|
|One||20 Squat Jumps||High Knees until Partner #1 is Done|
|Two||20 Push Ups||Mountain Climbers until Partner #1 is Done|
|Three||20 Reverse Stepping Lunges (DB in hand optional)||Jump Rope (imaginary JR is OK) until Partner #1 is Done|
|Four||20 Tricep Dips on Bench/Chair||Plank until Partner #1 is Done|
|Five||20 Lunge Jumps||Burpees (up-downs) until Partner #1 is Done|
|Six||20 Wide Hand Placement Push Ups||Jumping Jacks until Partner #1 is Done|
|Now do Partner #2 Circuit||Now do Partner #1 Circuit|