This creamy tomato soup is just as quick to prepare as opening a can of of processed tomato soup- without all the junk, and the bonus of added protein! Now that sounds like a win to me! The parmesan croutons are crunch and salty, taking this soup over the top! You will never go back to canned tomato soup again after trying this clean eating version!
Latest from the Blog
I wasn’t always someone who enjoyed working out early in the morning, but now I can’t imagine it any other way! Here are my top ten tips to getting in an early morning workout!
1. Be Prepared- One of the most important steps for me to make my early morning workouts happen is to be prepared! I like to have my clothes laid out, my workout bottle filled and ready in the fridge, and my workouts written and ready to go! That way, I get to set my alarm with just enough time to wash my face, brush my teeth, and throw on my clothes. Being prepared means less things to think about when it’s early in the morning!
2. Find Workout Buddies- There is something so much more motivating about working out with a buddy or a group of friends! Not to mention, having someone at the gym to meet you makes it that much easier to jump out of bed knowing that someone is counting on you to be there at a certain time! My favorite workout buddy is my sister, Emily. We meet each other at the gym early a few times a week, (she is a teacher, so we have to meet at 5:30 am so she can get to school on time), but the great thing about our workouts are that they are done before I know it and then we have the rest of our day to enjoy! Click Here for a Circuit Partner Workout!
3. Go to Bed Earlier- Let’s face it… one of the most common reasons many people don’t like to workout early is that they feel too tired. If this sounds familiar, I have great news…This can be solved by getting to bed at a reasonable time! I find that if I get at least 7 hours of sleep, I feel great the rest of the day, despite how early I get up! For example, when I know I am waking up at 5 am to meet my sister, I try to be in bed by 10 pm. To me, that is not too unreasonable and it is totally worth it to me knowing I will feel great the next day after I have allowed my body to get enough rest!
4. Eat a Quick Pre-Workout Snack- I personally don’t like to have a lot of food in my stomach when I workout (it gives me stomach cramps), but often, I like to eat something really light before heading out the door. If you are someone that prefers to eat before a workout, I recommend something with carbohydrates and not too high in protein, unless you are able to eat at least 30-60 minutes before your workout. This gives your body time to digest it. I suggest anything from Dashing Dish muffins, overnight oatmeal, or some dry low sugar cereal. Again, this will vary from person to person, so I recommend experimenting with a few different options to see what works best for you. Also, be sure to always have a water bottle ready to go! Being hydrated is especially important before you’ve had anything to eat or drink for the day.
5. Get in the Mindset- I can honestly say that I enjoy working out early in the morning, but that wasn’t always the case. In fact, there was a time when I would cringe at the thought of rolling out of bed and working out. However, I have found over time that there are more pros than cons when it comes to getting it done first thing. Here are a few examples of the benefits: Working out in the morning means that I don’t have to think about it the rest of the day, I feel more energized the rest of my day, and I tend to want to take care of my body the rest of the day, knowing that I put in the time and effort to workout!
6. Find a Workout You Enjoy- This might come as a shock to some of you, but I firmly believe that you can and should enjoy your workouts. If you are currently doing something that you find to be boring or you are doing something you dread, I want to encourage you to find something you enjoy. Yes it is possible! With all the options available today, there is no reason that you can’t find something that you love and feel that you are good at, and it doesn’t even have to be done at a gym! Try going with some friends to a work out class, buy some workout DVDs, or sign up for a walk/run/biking event. Do whatever you can to get out of your comfort zone. You never know, you might try something once and look forward to working out the rest of your life! Click Here for Some Fun & Easy Workout Ideas!
7. Workout at Home- One of the greatest reasons for not working out early is that you simply don’t have time! For most of us, the morning can be one of the busiest times of all…But there is an answer! Working out at home is one of the best and easiest ways to get an early morning workout in, because it doesn’t require the extra time to drive to and from a gym. I have plenty of at home workouts that require only a few simple pieces of equipment (such as dumbbells), as well as some that don’t require anything except for your own body weight! Click Here for an At Home Total Body Circuit Workout!
8. Plan Out Your Workouts- Having a plan, especially when it’s early in the morning is key to getting a good workout in! I know that if I didn’t plan my workouts ahead of time on my early workout days, that I would most likely have a hard time pushing myself in the gym. I don’t know about you, but the last thing that I can get my brain to do at 5:30 am is plan out a workout, nor do we have time when I am meeting my sister, who has to leave the gym at 6:30 am. The best thing we ever did was buy a simple and cheap notebook from Target and write out all of our workouts every Sunday so that we know what we are doing for the whole week in advance! It is also more motivating to know what we are doing ahead of time and have an organized game plan.
9. Have a Workout Playlist Ready- I don’t know about you, but having an awesome workout playlist gets me in the mood to workout! Don’t have any idea where to start with a ‘clean’ and uplifting playlist!? No problem! One of my current favorites is Hillsong Young & Free! Click Here for a Awesome Workout Playlist!
10. Re-Fuel with a Healthy Post-Workout Breakfast- If you do make the time and effort to start your day off with a workout, be sure to fuel your body properly throughout the rest of the day! As important as working out is, nutrition really is the most important component when it comes to maintaining a healthy weight and lifestyle! If you are worried that you don’t have time to workout and prep a healthy breakfast in the morning, no worries! I have tons of healthy breakfast options on Dashing Dish that are super speedy to make and can even be made the night before. I personally like to re-fuel with something that is higher in protein and complex carbohydrates. My personal favorite is one of my Dashing Dish protein shakes! Click Here for a List of 20 Quick and Easy Breakfast Ideas.
I am SO excited to share this big (and long awaited) news with you guys! It is official… both my cookbook and devotional are available now for pre-order!!! If you order them now they will be shipped on December 30th, which means they will also make great gifts, and will be here just in time for the holidays!
Dashing Dish Cookbook: 100 Simple & Delicious Recipes for Clean Eating.
The cookbook is filled with 100 recipes for your favorite foods made healthy that are incredibly easy to make. I focused on a simple and clean eating approach, which is what you would find on the Dashing Dish website.
To show my appreciation to all of you who’ve supported Dashing Dish over the years, I wanted to give you a special gift! If you pre-order a copy of my cookbook you will receive my never-before-released, ALL NEW One Month Meal Plan! The meal plan is instantly downloaded to your email when you email proof of purchase (i.e.- the receipt, receipt number, or order confirmation) to email@example.com.
In the Dashing Dish Cookbook you will find:
100 Healthy & Wholesome Recipes- PLUS brand NEW recipes! Staying true to Dashing Dish, every recipe is made with healthy, wholesome ingredients without losing any of the flavor! Included is a pantry staple list with basic ingredients. Let’s face it, who has time to go grocery shopping every single time you want to make a recipe? I know I don’t, which is why all of my recipes can be made with a few basic staples. Plus, tons of brand new recipes and content that has never been featured on Dashing Dish before!
Nutrition Information. At the end of every recipe will list the calorie, carbohydrate, sugar, fat, and protein contents for each serving.
Colored Photos. Every recipe has a colored photo. This was especially important to me, because I can’t stand when a recipe doesn’t have a picture to go with it! I mean, what’s the fun in that!?!
Simple & Kid Friendly. All of the recipes are uncomplicated, simple, and made with a few basic ingredients, just like the recipes you know and love from Dashing Dish website. They are just about all ‘picky eater’ friendly, and can be made by both experienced and novice chefs alike!
Tips & Tricks. Along with this cookbook I have included healthy baking and cooking techniques, shortcuts, tips, and tricks. There is no greater passion for me than to teach others how fun and simple it can be to live a healthy lifestyle. I hope to share some of the most helpful things I have learned over the years with all of you!
Here is a sneak peak at what’s inside the cookbook!
Dashing Dish Devotional: Devotions for a Healthier You.
I am beyond excited to share this book with all of you! It is truly my greatest heart’s desire to help others find encouragement, balance, and fulfillment through God’s Word and healthy living. I have poured my heart into this devotional book hoping that it will bring life-giving nourishment through the Word of God as well as practical tools to anyone that picks it up.
In the Dashing Dish Devotional Book you will find:
Devotions. This devotional book is filled with devotions that have been inspired by my personal journal entries, which will range in topics from body image to understanding and receiving God’s great love for us. These devotions will be simple and straight to the heart of the issue, focusing on one or two verses each, which will allow you to walk away with a ‘bite size’ morsel of the Word to chew on throughout the day.
Dashing Tips. In addition to building you up spiritually, I also hope this book will bring practical knowledge on how to live a physically fit and healthy lifestyle, which is where the Dashing Tips come in! They are packed with tools to help you live a balanced life, as well as practical strategies to help you overcome discouragement and pitfalls when you are finding it hard to balance it all.
Dashes of Inspiration. Real life inspiration that is meant to encourage, uplift, and inspire you!
Meal Planning. Last but not least, as a bonus, there is a full 1 week meal plan including breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipes with full shopping list. The devotional also includes bonus recipes as well as meal planning strategies and tips. These tips will teach even the busiest home cook to plan, prepare, and get organized in the kitchen!
Both the cookbook and devotional book are available for pre-order now and will be released December 30th. Both books will be also be available at bookstores nationwide on December 30th, 2014.
Here is a sneak peek of what’s inside the devotional book!
I feel so incredibly blessed and excited to share these books with you guys! I pray they are a blessing to everyone that reads them! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of your support! I couldn’t have done it without the Lord, and all of the encouragement from you guys! xo Katie