When my husband and I originally came up with the name Dashing Dish, we did so with the intention of offering catering, alongside my website and ministry. Come to find out, God had different plans. It’s amazing how He always brings things full circle. Little did we know, the name ‘Dashing’ would one day relate to grocery delivery of a different kind.
God recently put it on our hearts to put the ‘Dashing’ into Dashing Dish by delivery groceries and grocery gift cards to people in need. We are sharing this with you today, because if you have supported Dashing Dish you are also a part of this ministry. We want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for being a part of Dashing Dish. We truly believe that God has bigger plans for this ministry than we could have ever imagined and this is just the beginning.
Because it’s the holidays we want to start this ministry off with a bang. We feel there is no greater time to show God’s love than this time of year. For that reason, we are selling Dashing Dish shirts to support this cause.
Click the pic above to order your Dashing Dish t-shirt and 100% of the proceeds will go to support this Dashing Delivery ministry. Thank you so much for all of your support, donations, and prayers. Because of YOU, people are finding God’s love in a tangible way.
If you would like to hear more about this ministry, watch this short video:
Here are some ideas for some delicious (and secretly nutritious) appetizers, sides, and desserts for the biggest meal of the year!
First Let’s Start with Some Favorites from Previous Years:
Now Let’s Talk New Additions:
The holidays are a special time of year filled with family, friends, and seasonal treats. Here are a few tips on enjoying the holidays in a balanced way!
1. Choose a Healthy Alternative- Eating healthy year round, (yes even during the holidays) can be done! It doesn’t mean giving up the foods you enjoy most, but simply swapping them with a healthier alternative! In fact, once you do so, you will notice how good you feel, and I can promise you will wonder why you ever even enjoyed those sugary treats to begin with!
2. Pick and Choose your Treats- The holidays are filled with special treats that only come around this season. There is nothing wrong with enjoying one or two of your grandma’s favorite cookies, or a piece of your mom’s famous pie…But the problem comes when people enjoy every holiday treat that is put in front of them. If you simply think ahead of time about what you REALLY want to enjoy this holiday season, it will keep you from having to work extra hard to take off those holiday treats in January! Plus, the added bonus is that you will truly savor and enjoy every bite of those holiday treats you do have much more when you only have a few of them!
3. Be Prepared- One way to prevent overeating is by eating small frequent meals throughout the day, and always having a protein rich snack before heading off to parties or holiday dinners. That way, when you finally sit down to eat a meal, you will be able to properly pay attention to your body’s hunger cues because you won’t be overly famished to begin with.
4. The party is about MORE than what is on your PLATE- Food is an element of a celebration, but not the defining factor, or the most important thing. If you keep this in mind when you’re on your way to a party, you can remind yourself that spending time with family and friends is the highlight of the event. This helps take the focus off the food and puts it back on the things that matter most.
5. It’s OK to say NO- During the holidays, many people are offering foods left and right as a gesture of love. I have learned that If I’m truly full, it is ok to be honest and politely say, “No thank you”. Most people will respect you when you politely say no. The great thing about this is, it allows you to say yes to the things you truly do enjoy this time of year!
6. BRING your OWN dish to pass- If you bring your own dish to pass, you can bring something that is tasty and healthy! The best part is, Dashing Dish offers tons of seasonal eats that are just as rich and delicious as the traditional dish, so no one will even know its healthy until you tell them!
7. Learn to Bounce Back- I find that one of the greatest downfalls when it comes to overeating is that it sets most people on a dangerous slippery slope. If you do overeat- don’t make that mistake! Remember, it is not one meal that will make you unhealthy so don’t let it get you in a defeated mindset! Just make the simple choice to bounce back. Start the next day by being active and make the choice to get right back on track with a healthy lifestyle! That is what balance is all about after all!
I’ve been so inspired by all the emails about people losing weight with Dashing Dish recipes and getting their mind renewed by my devotionals that I’ve decided it’s time to get everyone involved! Starting November 1st, I want to challenge my readers during one of the busiest seasons of the year to eat healthy and grow spiritually. The challenge will go for 21 days (ends on November 21st) and hopefully will last a lifetime (statistics prove it takes 21 days to form a habit).
What do you get in return you ask? Besides you and your family getting healthier, saving money (by eating more meals at home), and growing spiritually… the winner of the challenge will receive a $500 Visa Gift Card (perfect for Christmas shopping ~ How is that for motivation!?!)
The best part is that I’ve made it easy to enter…and in doing so you will motivate and encourage others who are also doing the challenge! (Be sure to post testimonies as well!!!)
Here’s how to enter: every time you make a Dashing Dish recipe, journal (SOAP), or workout using a Dashing Dish workout during the 21 days, tag @DashingDish and you will be entered for a chance to win.
There are 3 ways to share: either tag/mention @DashingDish or on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. You can also hashtag Dashing Dish (#DashingDish). Each time you share, it counts as an entry and increases your chance to win! (There will be a limit to 6 entries per person per day!)
Download the Free 21 Day Challenge Guide Here. Remember! The 21 Day Challenge Begins November 1st and Ends – November 21st! Have fun!
(Please note – this Challenge may not be suitable for everyone. Please check with your doctor before beginning any program or exercise routine.)
1. Don’t be Fooled: Just because a label says ‘fun size‘ on it, doesn’t mean that it comes with a miniature amount of calories and sugar! For example, just one ‘fun size‘ Butterfingers bar has 100 calories and 10 grams of sugar! Almost all of the most popular ‘fun size’ candy bars have between 80-110 calories and 8-15 grams of sugar each!
2. Get Rid of Temptation: If temptation comes at you in the form of a little orange, brown, or yellow packet, (yeah…you know what I’m talking about), there is one simple way to put an end to the ‘drawing in’ of a sweet little treat. How do we get rid of temptation once and for all? Get it out of the house, off of your desk at work, or wherever candy may haunting you. If your kids just went trick or treating, you can allow them to choose a few of their favorites, then get rid of the rest. You could either donate it, give it away, or simply toss it! It’s simple: If you don’t have it around then you (and your kids…who also don’t need the sugar) won’t be tempted by it!
3. Swap Out Your Favorites: If you simply must have a Peanut Butter Cup, then simply swap it out for a healthier alternative! That is truly what Dashing Dish is all about…Not giving up your favorite foods and treats, but rather swapping them out for alternatives that are just as tasty (and don’t send you into a sugar slump!) Speaking of… I have a healthy PB cup recipe coming next week!
4. Don’t Buy Candy to Give Away: Going back to point #2, if you have candy in the house to ‘give away’ you most likely will be tempted by it. In addition, do you really want to add to the bag of ‘junk’ that those cute little kids are carting around!?! Instead, get creative, give non-edible ‘treats’ such as pencils or erasers (hey, it may sound lame to you, but my sister who is a 3rd grade teachers says those things go like hot cakes in her goody bin!) Or you could give away a healthier treat, such as 100% fruit leathers.
5. Bring Treats to Pass at Parties: It’s that time of year…From now until January 1st there will be holiday party galore!!! Parties are comprised of three main things: fun, socializing, and FOOD! There is no way around it, holiday parties often bombard you with all sorts of treats that look oh so tasty! The best way to deal with the ever present temptation from Trick or Treat to Happy New Year!?! Bring your own dish to pass! It really is that simple. I bring a dish, a dessert, or sometimes both to every party I go to, so that way I know there is going to be a healthy option for myself and friends to enjoy! This is one of the most simple ways to combat the all too common holiday weight gain. (With that, I must say, I personally always enjoy a few of my very favorite (full fat-full sugar) treats during the holidays, but I keep it to a reasonable portion, and when I do, I make sure I truly enjoy every bite!)
Enjoy the Best Flavors of Fall with this Pumpkin Recipe Round-Up!
Football season is upon us which means it is also officially tailgating season! Unfortunately, tailgating also comes with a slew of unhealthy food. Here are some of my healthy alternatives that are sure to impress the crowd at your next tailgate.
My testimony & the story behind Dashing Dish will be aired on 700 club these next two weeks!
You can view it first Online on Monday July 22nd at 11 am. Here: http://event.cbn.com/700clubinteractive/
OR on the ABC Family Channel on 700 Club Interactive show at 9:30 AM EST on Monday July 29th!
Be sure to set you DVR’s and spread the word! :)
GOD IS AWESOME! I pray it touches many lives and brings people to the freedom that can only be found in Him!
Fourth of July is a time to Celebrate! This celebration takes place to observe our nations freedom, and to honor the awesome men and women that serve our country!
I don’t know about you, but this celebration always seems to revolve around the outdoors and the wonderful food that is best during the sweet summer time…Which means grilling and all things BBQ of course! Here are a few ideas to get your holiday cook-off started!
It’s almost Memorial Day…Which means it’s almost Summer Time! What a Better way to Celebrate the Coming of Summer than a Recipe Round-Up of No Bake, No Heat Required Recipes!?!
I Hope this Round-Up of Cool & Refreshing Summer Time Meals, Snacks & Treats Inspires You to Get Healthy in an Enjoyable Way this Summer!