1. Don’t be Fooled: Just because a label says ‘fun size‘ on it, doesn’t mean that it comes with a miniature amount of calories and sugar! For example, just one ‘fun size‘ Butterfingers bar has 100 calories and 10 grams of sugar! Almost all of the most popular ‘fun size’ candy bars have between 80-110 calories and 8-15 grams of sugar each!
2. Get Rid of Temptation: If temptation comes at you in the form of a little orange, brown, or yellow packet, (yeah…you know what I’m talking about), there is one simple way to put an end to the ‘drawing in’ of a sweet little treat. How do we get rid of temptation once and for all? Get it out of the house, off of your desk at work, or wherever candy may haunting you. If your kids just went trick or treating, you can allow them to choose a few of their favorites, then get rid of the rest. You could either donate it, give it away, or simply toss it! It’s simple: If you don’t have it around then you (and your kids…who also don’t need the sugar) won’t be tempted by it!
3. Swap Out Your Favorites: If you simply must have a Peanut Butter Cup, then simply swap it out for a healthier alternative! That is truly what Dashing Dish is all about…Not giving up your favorite foods and treats, but rather swapping them out for alternatives that are just as tasty (and don’t send you into a sugar slump!) Speaking of… I have a healthy PB cup recipe coming next week!
4. Don’t Buy Candy to Give Away: Going back to point #2, if you have candy in the house to ‘give away’ you most likely will be tempted by it. In addition, do you really want to add to the bag of ‘junk’ that those cute little kids are carting around!?! Instead, get creative, give non-edible ‘treats’ such as pencils or erasers (hey, it may sound lame to you, but my sister who is a 3rd grade teachers says those things go like hot cakes in her goody bin!) Or you could give away a healthier treat, such as 100% fruit leathers.
5. Bring Treats to Pass at Parties: It’s that time of year…From now until January 1st there will be holiday party galore!!! Parties are comprised of three main things: fun, socializing, and FOOD! There is no way around it, holiday parties often bombard you with all sorts of treats that look oh so tasty! The best way to deal with the ever present temptation from Trick or Treat to Happy New Year!?! Bring your own dish to pass! It really is that simple. I bring a dish, a dessert, or sometimes both to every party I go to, so that way I know there is going to be a healthy option for myself and friends to enjoy! This is one of the most simple ways to combat the all too common holiday weight gain. (With that, I must say, I personally always enjoy a few of my very favorite (full fat-full sugar) treats during the holidays, but I keep it to a reasonable portion, and when I do, I make sure I truly enjoy every bite!)
Enjoy the Best Flavors of Fall with this Pumpkin Recipe Round-Up!
My testimony & the story behind Dashing Dish will be aired on 700 club these next two weeks!
You can view it first Online on Monday July 22nd at 11 am. Here: http://event.cbn.com/700clubinteractive/
OR on the ABC Family Channel on 700 Club Interactive show at 9:30 AM EST on Monday July 29th!
Be sure to set you DVR’s and spread the word! :)
GOD IS AWESOME! I pray it touches many lives and brings people to the freedom that can only be found in Him!
Fourth of July is a time to Celebrate! This celebration takes place to observe our nations freedom, and to honor the awesome men and women that serve our country!
I don’t know about you, but this celebration always seems to revolve around the outdoors and the wonderful food that is best during the sweet summer time…Which means grilling and all things BBQ of course! Here are a few ideas to get your holiday cook-off started!
It’s almost Memorial Day…Which means it’s almost Summer Time! What a Better way to Celebrate the Coming of Summer than a Recipe Round-Up of No Bake, No Heat Required Recipes!?!
I Hope this Round-Up of Cool & Refreshing Summer Time Meals, Snacks & Treats Inspires You to Get Healthy in an Enjoyable Way this Summer!
There is a lot of talk about ‘Clean Eating’ these days…And I don’t know about you, but when I first heard these words, I was wondering what all the ‘buzz’ was about! I was pretty excited when I started learning more about clean eating, as I came to find out that about 90% of my recipes fall into the category of clean eating without me even knowing it! Yippee!
Because clean eating has become pretty popular these days, I have decided to discuss it further to shed some light on the topic! (Keep in mind, I don’t claim to be an expert…Just did my fair share of research, and thought I’d share my findings and my point of view!)
In a nutshell, clean eating is just a simple way of talking about a way of eating, (not a diet or short term thing, but more like a lifestyle). This way of eating incorporates whole foods that are unprocessed, don’t have chemicals added to them. Simply put, any food that has been stripped of all nutrient value by man, and injected with a bunch of chemicals is not considered ‘clean’.
You may have noticed that most of my recipes are listed as ’Clean Eating’, which again simply means that I use foods in their most natural state, and don’t include any processed ingredients. One example of this is that I use whole grain oats in my baked goods rather than white or whole wheat flour, (which is essentially a whole grain that has beens stripped of it’s nutrition in a factory).
There are many benefits to ‘clean eating’… Some of the most common being weight loss, increased energy, and improved digestion just to name a few!
So, if this sounds like something of interest to you, you may be wondering how to get started!?! Well, to start here are a few basic choices from each food group that are considered ‘clean’ to start you off:
These are some of the clean eating foods that can be found in most Dashing Dish recipes, which can be found under the ‘Clean Eating’ tab under recipes!
Merry Christmas!!! I just love this time of year, as we take time to celebrate the goodness of our Savior Jesus! I am so thankful for so many things…Words truly can not express just how grateful I am! I am grateful to the King of the world, who came as a man to save us, so we could not only have eternal life…but so that we could have a personal relationship with Him! I am thankful to my wonderful husband, who is my best friend, and supports every ‘crazy‘ dream that is in my heart, (and even helps me bring them to life!) I am thankful for my family, who are the greatest gift to me on this earth….
But most of all, I want to express my deep gratitude for each and every one of YOU…When I quit my full time nursing job as a step of faith about a year ago, I honestly had no clue what the future would bring. All I knew is that the Lord was pressing it upon my heart to help others find the freedom and joy that He led me to in the area of weight, healthy eating, and freedom from eating disorders…And I can honestly say that nothing in this world brings me more joy than to watch people find freedom in Him! I want to thank each one of you that has supported, and blessed me with words of encouragement! I have learned so much already on this journey, and I have come to find that the body of Christ is truly just that…A body, with many parts. As each one of us takes our place in the body, doing what the Lord has called us to do, we can help each other become all that Christ has designed us to be!
My greatest prayer is that Dashing Dish has blessed you and your family in finding health, balance, and a deeper walk with our Savior! This Christmas, I pray that you and your family are richly blessed, and that you time time to enjoy one another, and of course reflect on what Christmas is all about – Jesus!
Christmas breakfast is unquestionably one of the most celebrated meals enjoyed by families all over the country! Enjoy a healthier alternative to the most craved breakfast foods with some of these popular Dashing Dish breakfast recipes!
*I starred some of the recipes that I will personally be making this year!
Don’t let the stress of healthy eating force you to put your health on hold this holiday…Let this Dashing Dish Meal Plan take all the guess work out and save you time, money, and effort, all while enjoying each and every meal you eat! Month 3 Meal Plans are now Available! What’s more…They make a great gift for a busy mom, friend, or co-worker!
This meal plan contains ALL NEW Recipes from the previous months, and in my opinion, is the best meal plan that I have created yet (I took the feedback from the first two and have designed these based your requests!)
In fact, if you havent bought a DD meal plan, but are interested, I’d suggest starting with month 3!
Month 3 Meal Plans contain:-TONS of Breakfast Options that are Quick and Easy
Give the Gift of Healthy Eating to Someone You Love This Holiday Season!
As some of you may know, I did a post a few weeks back explaining that I felt the Lord was prompting me to have people share their testimonies on how the Lord has helped them overcome a weight related issue in their life in order to encourage one another! The testimonies I received made me laugh, cry, and praise our Lord! I want to personally take a moment to thank everyone who shared their struggles, their heart, and how the Lord gave them strength to overcome!