The goal of cleaning out and organizing your pantry is to get rid of tempting foods that aren't good for your health, and replace them with nutritious foods that are well organized, which will make cooking and baking a breeze!
Focus on getting rid of processed foods, starting with foods that are made with white flour and sugar. Replace these items with “Clean, Whole, Unprocessed” Foods.
Here are some great swap outs to get you on your way to a clean eating pantry:
- White Sugar
- White Flour
- White Pasta/Bread/Cereals
- Unhealthy Fats
- Processed Snacks (such as crackers, chips, cookies, etc.)
- Stevia, Honey, or Sugar in the Raw (or sweetener of choice other than white sugar)
- Oat Flour (or almond or coconut flour for grain free options)
- High Fiber Pasta or Quinoa
- Whole Grain Bread (Ezekiel bread is a great choice)
- Applesauce, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil (in moderation)
- Snacks with Whole Grains, High in Protein, No Sugar Added