If were to describe the contents of this book, I would say it is everything I would ever want to share on breaking free from diets, disordered eating and body image issues as a woman, and learning how to reach your happy weight and live a healthy lifestyle that is actually maintainable for life because you enjoy the journey!
Nourish will provide you with encouragement and practical knowledge on caring for our bodies God’s way. In this book I share my most helpful tips for living a healthy lifestyle, in addition to providing a balance of spiritual and physical nourishment. This book will inspire you to get healthy from the inside out, all while enjoying the journey!
Here is a look inside the book, with a brief overview of the chapters:
- Beauty from Ashes. In this chapter I share my story and testimony of battling and overcoming years of dieting and disordered eating. I also discuss how my journey led me to a revelation of God’s redeeming power, and His incredible ability to turn the ashes of our lives into something beautiful.
- Freedom from the Weight. I firmly believe that God wants to free us from everything that weighs us down emotionally, physically, and spiritually. This chapter provides a practical look on how to ditch the diets and quick fix solutions and lean into God in order to find the peace and lasting satisfaction we all so greatly desire.
- Nourishing the Soul. So much of our health begins in our souls, which is comprised of our mind, will, and emotions and works its way out to our physical bodies. The first thing we need to do experience health on the outside is allow God to deal with issues in our soul. This is contrary to the way the world does things, which attempts to change things we can see. So often we deal with things on a surface level, but much like cutting off the top of weeds, it is only a matter of time before they show up again! When we get down to the root of our problems as they relate to caring for our bodies, or in any area of life we can begin to flourish!
- What’s In Your Garden? How you see yourself on the inside is even more important than what you see in the mirror. So often how we feel about ourselves creates a limit or boundary that we can’t seem to move beyond, which can affect our health, and how we care for our bodies. This chapter will encourage the reader to do some soul searching and identify lies we have believed about ourselves, whether from it be from people who have hurt us, things of the past, society, or even negative words we have spoken about ourselves. This is an important step we all must take in order to move past the things that made us feel like a failure and step into the victory God has for us. Once we uproot the lies we have believed, we need to replace them with the truth from God’s word. We do this by renewing our minds to the truth of what He says about us. Here I share practical tips on renewing the image on the inside using the word of God.
- Bearing Fruit that Will Last. In addition to keeping the weeds out of our garden, we also need to learn how to grow that which is life-producing in order to have a healthy soul. Here I share how to produce fruit that will last. I also discuss how to guard the soil of our hearts from ‘weeds’ that tend to grow back.
- Strengthening our Spiritual Muscles. How does renewing our minds help us say ‘no’ to a plate of cookies? When we renew our minds, we are empowered to say no to our old ‘sinful’ nature and walk by the Spirit of God (in reference to Ephesians 4:22-24). This chapter will focus on getting spiritually strong, and empower the reader to overcome the things that were once a temptation and frequent pitfall in their journey to health. It will also cover practical ways to build our spiritual muscles when it comes to living a healthy lifestyle!
- Nourishing the Body. God created so much food for us to freely enjoy! This is what I like to call clean eating foods. Clean eating refers to whole foods in their most natural state that have not been processed or altered in any way. Here I talk about the basics of clean eating, clean eating swaps, and how to nourish our bodies with the foods that God created for us to eat. Man made processed foods are not only addicting, but they are empty calories, which provide no lasting nourishment or satisfaction. I also provide healthy alternatives to the food you enjoy and discuss how to live a life of balance and moderation.
- Putting it All into Practice. Here I share my top tips for living a healthy lifestyle, even in the midst of a busy schedule. Here you will get a great takeaway message for putting everything you have learned thus far into practice!
- Changing Our Focus of Food. In this chapter I encourage the reader to focus on how good wholesome clean eating foods make our bodies feel, and to view everything as an act of worship- even with what and how we eat! I also cover topics such as mindful eating, binge eating, emotional eating, social eating, and guilt related to food.
- Strength to Run Our Race. We need strength to run our race, which means we have to exercise regularly! So often we don’t enjoy exercise, which makes it something we dread, or don’t do at all. Here I share my top advice on learning to enjoy exercise, and the keys to maintaining your motivation and consistency.
- Changed from the Inside Out. I end Nourish with a takeaway that will leave you relying on the one true source of strength, hope, and wisdom that we all need to draw from in order to be successful on our journey- Jesus Christ! When we look into the mirror of His word to determine who we are, and let Him satisfy our cravings, our need for approval, and our hearts deepest desires, we will find all we need.
Bonus Features: This book also includes: Identity scriptures, A practical chart on how to replace lies with the truth of God’s word, scripture based prayers, clean eating recipes, and study guide questions.