Here are my top 10 tips for making workouts more enjoyable:
1. Download a book on your iPod or phone, and listen while you work out. OR Put together your own workout playlist filled with energizing songs.
2. Workout with a partner. Whether it is a friend or family member—it is great for motivation and accountability!
3. Try something different! Pilates? Kickboxing? Zumba? A new-to-you class can be motivating and energizing.
4. Schedule your workouts every Sunday for the upcoming week.
5. Switch exercise machines every 5–10 minutes. This variety makes time fly by—and challenges your body in different ways.
6. Work with a personal trainer (sessions are often cheaper if you do it with a friend or family member).
7. Change the time you work out. If you generally work out in the morning, try the evening—or vice versa.
8. Check out a new gym. Often gyms offer your first visit for free.
9. Go outside and do something to get your heart rate up. Try ice skating in the winter or swimming in the summer. Maybe ride a bike or walk the dog—or a neighbor’s dog!
10. Get your workout clothes ready the night before. This way you are less likely to make an excuse. OR Not only is that a time-saver, but it’s one less excuse not to go!