- Log In
Let’s face it, there’s just nothing like a good, challenging, sweaty cardio session to get the blood pumping, torch calories, and boost your mood!
If you’re feeling a little bored of your current cardio routine and want something new and fun to try, I’ve got it for you! Or, maybe you are new to cardio and don’t know where to start, problem solved! Either way, you’re sure to enjoy these three cardio options! I’ve included one for the treadmill, bike, and elliptical, so there’s a little...
Are you interested strength training and weightlifting, but find it a little scary or intimidating? Do you have a desire to add weights to your workout but simply don’t know where or how to start? If so, this article is for you!
When I work with women in the area of fitness I hear over and over things like, “I’m super comfortable with cardio, but weights scare me. I don’t know where to start”, or “the weight room/equipment intimidates me”, or “I know I should lift weights but I’m afraid of...
Do you feel like you are working hard at the gym, eating healthy, and yet your weight loss has stalled or won't seem budge? Weight loss plateaus can happen for numerous reasons, especially in women. Here are some changes that you can make that will to get you moving towards your goal in no time flat!
1. Change Up Your Workout Routine. Once you have been doing the same thing for a period of time (whether it be how often you workout, or the types of workouts you do), your body will eventually...
Prioritizing exercise is challenging at any point in life, but it can become even trickier after having kids. However, exercise is an important part of caring well for yourself and when scheduled as a priority into your day makes you feel better and sets a great example for your kids. Here, I’ve shared some of the ways I’ve learned to make exercise a daily habit even with kids. I hope it blesses you.
Get up early
Getting up early to make exercise a priority is easier at different stages of...
I wasn't always someone who enjoyed working out early in the morning, but now I can't imagine it any other way! Here are my top ten tips to getting in an early morning workout!
1. Be Prepared- One of the most important steps for me to make my early morning workouts happen is to be prepared! I like to have my clothes laid out, my workout bottle filled and ready in the fridge, and my workouts written and ready to go! That way, I get to set my alarm with just enough time to wash my face, brush my...
Here are my top 10 tips for making workouts more enjoyable:
1. Download a book on your iPod or phone, and listen while you work out. OR Put together your own workout playlist filled with energizing songs.
2. Workout with a partner. Whether it is a friend or family member—it is great for motivation and accountability!
3. Try something different! Pilates? Kickboxing? Zumba? A new-to-you class can be motivating and energizing.
4. Schedule your workouts every Sunday for the upcoming week.
I have found that when I am really busy that it’s great to have a quick and easy workout options. Here are some of my favorite ways to get my heart pumping!
One of my favorite ways to get in a quick and enjoyable workout is to take a walk while listening to Joyce Meyers on my I Pod!
Workout videos can be the perfect exercise when you are running short on time. Below is a list of workout videos that I have found to be really motivating and a great at home workout! I strongly...