You may have noticed that Dashing Dish recipes are unique and different from almost any other recipe. What makes them different is that I create each recipe based on my personal philosophy of cooking...It has to be simple, healthy, and use ingredients that are already in your pantry.
The recipes on this website are one of a kind in that there is no added sugar, butter, or flour in any of them. In fact, the majority of my recipes are gluten free, sugar free, whole grain recipes that are high in fiber and protein. All of these components have been proven to keep you satisfied and help you reach and maintain a healthy weight for life!
Most of my recipes are listed as 'Clean Eating', which simply means that I use foods in their most natural state, and don't include any processed ingredients. One example of this is that I use whole grain oats in my baked goods rather than white or whole wheat flour, (which is essentially a whole grain that has beens stripped of it's nutrition in a factory).
Here's What You Will Find in My Pantry, and in Dashing Dish Recipes:
- Protein Sources: Chicken, Turkey, Fish, Egg Whites, Greek Yogurt, Cottage Cheese, Protein Powder
- Veggies: Broccoli, Cauliflower, Zucchini, Squash, Green Beans, Onions, Sweet Potatoes
- Fruit: Strawberries, Apples, Blueberries, Bananas
- Whole Grain Sources: Old Fashioned Oats, High Fiber Pasta, High Fiber Wrap Bread, Ezekiel or Whole Grain Bread
- Healthy Fat Sources: Avocado, Nuts, Nut Butters
- Sweeteners: Stevia, Honey, Agave, (I also always give an option and measurement to use sweetener of choice that measures like sugar)
My number one goal is that my recipes are not only enjoyable to your palate, but to your whole body as well! Hope you enjoy!