As 2014 comes to a close, I want to take a moment to thank each one of you for your generosity! If you support Dashing Dish, you have been a part of giving this past year in a HUGE way! In January 2014, we started an extension of Dashing Dish, called Dashing Delivery.
We put the ‘Dashing’ into Dashing Dish by delivering groceries and grocery gift cards to those in need. Thanks to you guys, we have been able to give countless groceries and grocery gift cards to families in need and local food pantries!
I am sharing this with you today, because if you have supported Dashing Dish you are also a part of this effort to give back! I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of your support, and for helping us spread the love of God in a tangible way!
Merry Christmas Everyone!!! I just love this time of year, as we take time to celebrate the goodness of our Savior Jesus! I am so thankful for so many things…Words truly can not express just how grateful I am! I am grateful to the King of the world, who came as a man to save us, so we could not only have eternal life…but so that we could have a personal relationship with Him! I am thankful to my wonderful husband, who is my best friend, and biggest supporter, and I am thankful for my family, who are the greatest gift to me on this earth….
But most of all, I want to express my deep gratitude for each and every one of YOU…When I quit my full time nursing job as a step of faith a few years ago, I honestly had no clue what the future would bring. All I knew is that the Lord was pressing it upon my heart to help others find the freedom and joy that He led me to in the area of weight, healthy eating, and freedom from eating disorders…And I can honestly say that nothing in this world brings me more joy than to watch people find freedom in Him! I want to thank each one of you that has supported, and blessed me with words of encouragement! I have learned so much already on this journey, and I have come to find that the body of Christ is truly just that…A body, with many parts. As each one of us takes our place in the body, doing what the Lord has called us to do, we can help each other become all that Christ has designed us to be!
My greatest prayer is that Dashing Dish has blessed you and your family in finding health, balance, and a deeper walk with our Savior! This Christmas, I pray that you and your family are richly blessed, and that you time time to enjoy one another, and of course reflect on what Christmas is all about – Jesus!
Christmas is a time that has been set aside to celebrate the birth of Jesus, but so often the meaning of Christmas is lost in the hustle and bustle.
God gave the ultimate gift of His son Jesus, so that we could have everlasting life with Him, and be called son’s and daughters of God (John 3:16-18, 1 John 3:1). This gift was given out of the heart of the Fathers great love for us, and it is too precious of a gift to keep to ourselves!
This year, instead of making Christmas all about the decorations, the treats, and the gifts (although, all of those things are ok in their proper place), let’s shift our focus onto sharing Jesus with others, by showing them God’s kind of love.
Jesus said that all men would know that we are His disciples by the love we show to one another. (John 13:35) If we truly want to make Jesus the reason for the season, let’s give the gift of God’s great love to others this Christmas!
Here are some fun ways you and your family can celebrate Jesus, and spread God’s love to those around you:
1. Make Jesus the focus of your Christmas celebration with your family. Before opening gifts, take time to pray together, and read the account of Jesus’ birth (Matthew 1:18-25, Matthew 2:1-12, and Luke 2:1-20).
2. Give the gift of joy to those around you by getting a group together to sing Christmas carols! Some of the best places to visit are nursing homes, hospitals, and even your own neighborhood!
3. Make a birthday cake for Jesus, and sing to Him! This is fun especially if you have little ones, and it puts the focus on Jesus’ birth, and celebrating Him, rather than the gifts and toys.
4. Give the gift of time by volunteering at your local food bank, shelter, or salvation army.
5. Find ways to bless families in your community. Whether you give the gift of toys, gas or grocery cards, or even make a warm meal for someone, a simple act of generosity can show the love of God in a powerful and tangible way!
6. Visit, send a card, write a letter, or call someone who may be lonely or experiencing grief during the holiday season. It may not seem like much to you, but this one simple act of kindness may be the brightest moment in that persons darkest hour.
7. Donate a portion of the funds that would typically go to buying Christmas cards (or gifts) to a charity. Someone I know introduced me to this idea a few years ago, and it has blessed my heart ever since!
8. Pay for someones meal, coffee, or groceries. You never know how this random act of kindness may make their whole day, and it will most likely leave a lasting impression of God’s love.
9. Go through your closet (or kids closet) and donate clothes, boots, shoes, and coats to local organizations or shelters.
10. Invite someone who may be lonely to one of your Christmas celebrations. Sure, it may be breaking tradition a bit by having someone new join, but I am convinced that there is no greater way to show God’s love than to bring them into a house full of love when people need it most!
I hope this filled you with some great ideas to show God’s love that you can incorporate this Christmas, and maybe even make some of them your new Christmas traditions! When we turn our focus to others, and care for them in simple ways, we are essentially giving them the ultimate gift- God’s love!
On a final note about giving, I want to take a moment to thank each one of you for your generosity! If you support Dashing Dish, you have been a part of giving this past year in a HUGE way! Last year, we started an extension of Dashing Dish, called Dashing Delivery. God put it on our hearts to put the ‘Dashing’ into Dashing Dish by delivering groceries and grocery gift cards to those in need. Thanks to you guys, we have been able to give over $6,000 in groceries and grocery gift cards to families in need in one years time! Every month, we pray and ask the Lord where to give, and He is more than faithful to connect us with families. We also donate to our churches food pantry on a monthly basis, who not only feeds the hungry, but shares Jesus with them! I am sharing this with you today, because if you have supported Dashing Dish you are also a part of this ministry. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of your support, and for helping us spread the love of God in a tangible way!
This holiday season, we’re offering our readers the chance to give the gift of a Dashing Dish Membership. Give friends & family an entire year of access to premium recipes & workouts, plus all the great features that come with the Dashing Dish Membership.
The membership fee for one year is $60, which you’ll pay upfront today. The gift recipient will receive a welcome email containing a personalized note & login instructions on the date you specify.
This is one gift that will keep on giving all year long…Especially in the New Year, which is when we will be debuting our new and improved site with tons of new features, and an i Phone app!
To purchase a membership for someone you love, click on the image below or directly to the gift membership page!
Whether you are looking for a healthier holiday treat to bring to a party, or you want something delicious and healthy to enjoy with your family, here are 25 of my favorite Christmas treats that are just as good for you as they taste!
If you have ordered a copy of my cookbook or devotional book for a Christmas gift… You can print off one of these gift-print outs so your loved one’s will know what is on the way shortly after Christmas day! :)
Click on the image below for the PDF downloadable gift print out for the Dashing Dish Cookbook!
Click on the image below for the PDF downloadable gift print out for the Dashing Dish Devotional Book!
The holidays are a special time of year filled with family, friends, and seasonal treats. Here are a few tips on enjoying the holidays in a balanced way!
1. Choose a Healthy Alternative- Eating healthy year round, (yes even during the holidays) can be done! It doesn’t mean giving up the foods you enjoy most, but simply swapping them with a healthier alternative! In fact, once you do so, you will notice how good you feel, and I can promise you will wonder why you ever even enjoyed those sugary treats to begin with!
2. Pick and Choose your Treats- The holidays are filled with special treats that only come around this season. There is nothing wrong with enjoying one or two of your grandma’s favorite cookies, or a piece of your mom’s famous pie…But the problem comes when people enjoy every holiday treat that is put in front of them. If you simply think ahead of time about what you REALLY want to enjoy this holiday season, it will keep you from having to work extra hard to take off those holiday treats in January! Plus, the added bonus is that you will truly savor and enjoy every bite of those holiday treats you do have much more when you only have a few of them!
3. Be Prepared- One way to prevent overeating is by eating small frequent meals throughout the day, and always having a protein rich snack before heading off to parties or holiday dinners. That way, when you finally sit down to eat a meal, you will be able to properly pay attention to your body’s hunger cues because you won’t be overly famished to begin with.
4. The party is about MORE than what is on your PLATE- Food is an element of a celebration, but not the defining factor, or the most important thing. If you keep this in mind when you’re on your way to a party, you can remind yourself that spending time with family and friends is the highlight of the event. This helps take the focus off the food and puts it back on the things that matter most.
5. It’s OK to say NO- During the holidays, many people are offering foods left and right as a gesture of love. I have learned that If I’m truly full, it is ok to be honest and politely say, “No thank you”. Most people will respect you when you politely say no. The great thing about this is, it allows you to say yes to the things you truly do enjoy this time of year!
6. BRING your OWN dish to pass- If you bring your own dish to pass, you can bring something that is tasty and healthy! The best part is, Dashing Dish offers tons of seasonal eats that are just as rich and delicious as the traditional dish, so no one will even know its healthy until you tell them!
7. Learn to Bounce Back- I find that one of the greatest downfalls when it comes to overeating is that it sets most people on a dangerous slippery slope. If you do overeat- don’t make that mistake! Remember, it is not one meal that will make you unhealthy so don’t let it get you in a defeated mindset! Just make the simple choice to bounce back. Start the next day by being active and make the choice to get right back on track with a healthy lifestyle! That is what balance is all about after all!
I have big news! I took the suggestions and feedback from you guys and created three new meal plans that were designed to best suit your needs! I also designed them to serve both two and four people, so they are easy to adjust to your family’s needs!
If you order a new meal plan any time from November 25th-30th, you will receive a discount for 10% OFF ANY meal plan you purchase using the code: GIVETHANKS
Here are the three new meal plans being offered:
Month 4 Meal Plan: This all new Dashing Dish meal plan features a month’s worth of unique and fresh recipes for breakfasts, lunches, dinners, snacks, and desserts, and includes a weekly grocery list and calendar to keep you organized. This month was designed for those who love to cook! There are no leftovers or ‘dinners out’ in this meal plan.
Quick and Easy Dinners: This Dashing Dish meal plan includes a month’s worth of dinner recipes that are fast and easy to prepare. It features a weekly grocery list and calendar to keep you organized. This is the best meal plan choice for those who are busy but want to get a healthy dinner on the table in a reasonable amount of time.
Crockpot Dinners: This Dashing Dish meal plan includes a month’s worth of crockpot dinner recipes that are fast and easy to prepare, and the crockpot does the cooking for you. It features a weekly grocery list and calendar to keep you organized. This is the best meal plan choice for those who find that crockpot cooking works best for their lifestyle.
Also, if you purchase a meal plan in this time frame, you will be automatically be entered to win a signed copy of the Dashing Dish Devotional; Devotions for a Healthier You! On December 1st, I will announce the three lucky winners of the Dashing Devotional Giveaway, and ensure you receive them before Christmas!
Here are some ideas for some delicious (and secretly nutritious) appetizers, sides, and desserts for the biggest meal of the year!
First Let’s Start with Some Favorites from Previous Years:
And Now for Some New:
Stay Tuned for Even More Thanksgiving Recipes in the Next Couple of Weeks on Dashing Dish!
I am SO excited to share this big (and long awaited) news with you guys! It is official… both my cookbook and devotional are available now for pre-order!!! If you order them now they will be shipped on December 30th, which means they will also make great gifts, and will be here just in time for the holidays!
The cookbook is filled with 100 recipes for your favorite foods made healthy that are incredibly easy to make. I focused on a simple and clean eating approach, which is what you would find on the Dashing Dish website.
To show my appreciation to all of you who’ve supported Dashing Dish over the years, I wanted to give you a special gift! If you pre-order a copy of my cookbook you will receive my never-before-released, ALL NEW One Month Meal Plan! The meal plan is instantly downloaded to your email when you email proof of purchase (i.e.- the receipt, receipt number, or order confirmation) to email@example.com.
In the Dashing Dish Cookbook you will find:
100 Healthy & Wholesome Recipes- PLUS brand NEW recipes! Staying true to Dashing Dish, every recipe is made with healthy, wholesome ingredients without losing any of the flavor! Included is a pantry staple list with basic ingredients. Let’s face it, who has time to go grocery shopping every single time you want to make a recipe? I know I don’t, which is why all of my recipes can be made with a few basic staples. Plus, tons of brand new recipes and content that has never been featured on Dashing Dish before!
Nutrition Information. At the end of every recipe will list the calorie, carbohydrate, sugar, fat, and protein contents for each serving.
Colored Photos. Every recipe has a colored photo. This was especially important to me, because I can’t stand when a recipe doesn’t have a picture to go with it! I mean, what’s the fun in that!?!
Simple & Kid Friendly. All of the recipes are uncomplicated, simple, and made with a few basic ingredients, just like the recipes you know and love from Dashing Dish website. They are just about all ‘picky eater’ friendly, and can be made by both experienced and novice chefs alike!
Tips & Tricks. Along with this cookbook I have included healthy baking and cooking techniques, shortcuts, tips, and tricks. There is no greater passion for me than to teach others how fun and simple it can be to live a healthy lifestyle. I hope to share some of the most helpful things I have learned over the years with all of you!
Here is a sneak peak at what’s inside the cookbook!
I am beyond excited to share this book with all of you! It is truly my greatest heart’s desire to help others find encouragement, balance, and fulfillment through God’s Word and healthy living. I have poured my heart into this devotional book hoping that it will bring life-giving nourishment through the Word of God as well as practical tools to anyone that picks it up.
In the Dashing Dish Devotional Book you will find:
Devotions. This devotional book is filled with devotions that have been inspired by my personal journal entries, which will range in topics from body image to understanding and receiving God’s great love for us. These devotions will be simple and straight to the heart of the issue, focusing on one or two verses each, which will allow you to walk away with a ‘bite size’ morsel of the Word to chew on throughout the day.
Dashing Tips. In addition to building you up spiritually, I also hope this book will bring practical knowledge on how to live a physically fit and healthy lifestyle, which is where the Dashing Tips come in! They are packed with tools to help you live a balanced life, as well as practical strategies to help you overcome discouragement and pitfalls when you are finding it hard to balance it all.
Dashes of Inspiration. Real life inspiration that is meant to encourage, uplift, and inspire you!
Meal Planning. Last but not least, as a bonus, there is a full 1 week meal plan including breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipes with full shopping list. The devotional also includes bonus recipes as well as meal planning strategies and tips. These tips will teach even the busiest home cook to plan, prepare, and get organized in the kitchen!
Both the cookbook and devotional book are available for pre-order now and will be released December 30th. Both books will be also be available at bookstores nationwide on December 30th, 2014.
Here is a sneak peek of what’s inside the devotional book!
I feel so incredibly blessed and excited to share these books with you guys! I pray they are a blessing to everyone that reads them! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of your support! I couldn’t have done it without the Lord, and all of the encouragement from you guys! xo Katie