Whether you are looking for a healthier holiday treat to bring to a party, or you want something delicious and healthy to enjoy with your family, here are 25 of my favorite Christmas treats that are just as good for you as they taste!
If you have ordered a copy of my cookbook or devotional book for a Christmas gift… You can print off one of these gift-print outs so your loved one’s will know what is on the way shortly after Christmas day! :)
Click on the image below for the PDF downloadable gift print out for the Dashing Dish Cookbook!
Click on the image below for the PDF downloadable gift print out for the Dashing Dish Devotional Book!
The holidays are a special time of year filled with family, friends, and seasonal treats. Here are a few tips on enjoying the holidays in a balanced way!
1. Choose a Healthy Alternative- Eating healthy year round, (yes even during the holidays) can be done! It doesn’t mean giving up the foods you enjoy most, but simply swapping them with a healthier alternative! In fact, once you do so, you will notice how good you feel, and I can promise you will wonder why you ever even enjoyed those sugary treats to begin with!
2. Pick and Choose your Treats- The holidays are filled with special treats that only come around this season. There is nothing wrong with enjoying one or two of your grandma’s favorite cookies, or a piece of your mom’s famous pie…But the problem comes when people enjoy every holiday treat that is put in front of them. If you simply think ahead of time about what you REALLY want to enjoy this holiday season, it will keep you from having to work extra hard to take off those holiday treats in January! Plus, the added bonus is that you will truly savor and enjoy every bite of those holiday treats you do have much more when you only have a few of them!
3. Be Prepared- One way to prevent overeating is by eating small frequent meals throughout the day, and always having a protein rich snack before heading off to parties or holiday dinners. That way, when you finally sit down to eat a meal, you will be able to properly pay attention to your body’s hunger cues because you won’t be overly famished to begin with.
4. The party is about MORE than what is on your PLATE- Food is an element of a celebration, but not the defining factor, or the most important thing. If you keep this in mind when you’re on your way to a party, you can remind yourself that spending time with family and friends is the highlight of the event. This helps take the focus off the food and puts it back on the things that matter most.
5. It’s OK to say NO- During the holidays, many people are offering foods left and right as a gesture of love. I have learned that If I’m truly full, it is ok to be honest and politely say, “No thank you”. Most people will respect you when you politely say no. The great thing about this is, it allows you to say yes to the things you truly do enjoy this time of year!
6. BRING your OWN dish to pass- If you bring your own dish to pass, you can bring something that is tasty and healthy! The best part is, Dashing Dish offers tons of seasonal eats that are just as rich and delicious as the traditional dish, so no one will even know its healthy until you tell them!
7. Learn to Bounce Back- I find that one of the greatest downfalls when it comes to overeating is that it sets most people on a dangerous slippery slope. If you do overeat- don’t make that mistake! Remember, it is not one meal that will make you unhealthy so don’t let it get you in a defeated mindset! Just make the simple choice to bounce back. Start the next day by being active and make the choice to get right back on track with a healthy lifestyle! That is what balance is all about after all!
I have big news! I took the suggestions and feedback from you guys and created three new meal plans that were designed to best suit your needs! I also designed them to serve both two and four people, so they are easy to adjust to your family’s needs!
If you order a new meal plan any time from November 25th-30th, you will receive a discount for 10% OFF ANY meal plan you purchase using the code: GIVETHANKS
Here are the three new meal plans being offered:
Month 4 Meal Plan: This all new Dashing Dish meal plan features a month’s worth of unique and fresh recipes for breakfasts, lunches, dinners, snacks, and desserts, and includes a weekly grocery list and calendar to keep you organized. This month was designed for those who love to cook! There are no leftovers or ‘dinners out’ in this meal plan.
Quick and Easy Dinners: This Dashing Dish meal plan includes a month’s worth of dinner recipes that are fast and easy to prepare. It features a weekly grocery list and calendar to keep you organized. This is the best meal plan choice for those who are busy but want to get a healthy dinner on the table in a reasonable amount of time.
Crockpot Dinners: This Dashing Dish meal plan includes a month’s worth of crockpot dinner recipes that are fast and easy to prepare, and the crockpot does the cooking for you. It features a weekly grocery list and calendar to keep you organized. This is the best meal plan choice for those who find that crockpot cooking works best for their lifestyle.
Also, if you purchase a meal plan in this time frame, you will be automatically be entered to win a signed copy of the Dashing Dish Devotional; Devotions for a Healthier You! On December 1st, I will announce the three lucky winners of the Dashing Devotional Giveaway, and ensure you receive them before Christmas!
Here are some ideas for some delicious (and secretly nutritious) appetizers, sides, and desserts for the biggest meal of the year!
First Let’s Start with Some Favorites from Previous Years:
And Now for Some New:
Stay Tuned for Even More Thanksgiving Recipes in the Next Couple of Weeks on Dashing Dish!
I am SO excited to share this big (and long awaited) news with you guys! It is official… both my cookbook and devotional are available now for pre-order!!! If you order them now they will be shipped on December 30th, which means they will also make great gifts, and will be here just in time for the holidays!
The cookbook is filled with 100 recipes for your favorite foods made healthy that are incredibly easy to make. I focused on a simple and clean eating approach, which is what you would find on the Dashing Dish website.
To show my appreciation to all of you who’ve supported Dashing Dish over the years, I wanted to give you a special gift! If you pre-order a copy of my cookbook you will receive my never-before-released, ALL NEW One Month Meal Plan! The meal plan is instantly downloaded to your email when you email proof of purchase (i.e.- the receipt, receipt number, or order confirmation) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the Dashing Dish Cookbook you will find:
100 Healthy & Wholesome Recipes- PLUS brand NEW recipes! Staying true to Dashing Dish, every recipe is made with healthy, wholesome ingredients without losing any of the flavor! Included is a pantry staple list with basic ingredients. Let’s face it, who has time to go grocery shopping every single time you want to make a recipe? I know I don’t, which is why all of my recipes can be made with a few basic staples. Plus, tons of brand new recipes and content that has never been featured on Dashing Dish before!
Nutrition Information. At the end of every recipe will list the calorie, carbohydrate, sugar, fat, and protein contents for each serving.
Colored Photos. Every recipe has a colored photo. This was especially important to me, because I can’t stand when a recipe doesn’t have a picture to go with it! I mean, what’s the fun in that!?!
Simple & Kid Friendly. All of the recipes are uncomplicated, simple, and made with a few basic ingredients, just like the recipes you know and love from Dashing Dish website. They are just about all ‘picky eater’ friendly, and can be made by both experienced and novice chefs alike!
Tips & Tricks. Along with this cookbook I have included healthy baking and cooking techniques, shortcuts, tips, and tricks. There is no greater passion for me than to teach others how fun and simple it can be to live a healthy lifestyle. I hope to share some of the most helpful things I have learned over the years with all of you!
Here is a sneak peak at what’s inside the cookbook!
I am beyond excited to share this book with all of you! It is truly my greatest heart’s desire to help others find encouragement, balance, and fulfillment through God’s Word and healthy living. I have poured my heart into this devotional book hoping that it will bring life-giving nourishment through the Word of God as well as practical tools to anyone that picks it up.
In the Dashing Dish Devotional Book you will find:
Devotions. This devotional book is filled with devotions that have been inspired by my personal journal entries, which will range in topics from body image to understanding and receiving God’s great love for us. These devotions will be simple and straight to the heart of the issue, focusing on one or two verses each, which will allow you to walk away with a ‘bite size’ morsel of the Word to chew on throughout the day.
Dashing Tips. In addition to building you up spiritually, I also hope this book will bring practical knowledge on how to live a physically fit and healthy lifestyle, which is where the Dashing Tips come in! They are packed with tools to help you live a balanced life, as well as practical strategies to help you overcome discouragement and pitfalls when you are finding it hard to balance it all.
Dashes of Inspiration. Real life inspiration that is meant to encourage, uplift, and inspire you!
Meal Planning. Last but not least, as a bonus, there is a full 1 week meal plan including breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipes with full shopping list. The devotional also includes bonus recipes as well as meal planning strategies and tips. These tips will teach even the busiest home cook to plan, prepare, and get organized in the kitchen!
Both the cookbook and devotional book are available for pre-order now and will be released December 30th. Both books will be also be available at bookstores nationwide on December 30th, 2014.
Here is a sneak peek of what’s inside the devotional book!
I feel so incredibly blessed and excited to share these books with you guys! I pray they are a blessing to everyone that reads them! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of your support! I couldn’t have done it without the Lord, and all of the encouragement from you guys! xo Katie
I am incredibly honored and blessed to introduce you to the newest member of the Dashing Dish ministry team, Sarah Shaffer! You may recognize her name from various Dashing Devotionals, as she has been writing guest devotional posts for some time now for Dashing Dish. I met Sarah about 2 years ago when she signed up for my health coaching program. During my time of working with her, she had one of the most beautiful transformations through the Lord that I have ever witnessed. We have stayed in contact ever since, and I continued to watch her radical transformation turn into an even deeper pursuit of the Lord and the freedom that can only be found in Him. As the time passed on, I continued to watch her life blossom as her roots grew deeper in the Lord. During this season of growth, the Lord began to show Sarah that He wanted to use her to set other women free just as He did with her. Sarah pursued her certification to become a Holistic Nutritionist, and she also has practical experience on how to feed a family with severe food allergies.
Sarah will be working on the ministry side of Dashing Dish, as she continues to write and share Dashing Devotionals as well as sharing her knowledge as a mom of two, and a nutritionist. She will be contributing blog posts that offer diverse topics that will go beyond things that I have experience with such as food allergies, and various family topics! I pray that you guys are as blessed as I am by Sarah’s heart and ministry!
A Personal Note From Sarah: Hello! My name is Sarah Shaffer. I am mom to two of God’s greatest creations (I might be a tiny bit biased) and wife to a man I am thankful for every day. I love Jesus – a lot. I marvel at sunsets and I enjoy my morning coffee more than I can describe. I love to cook creatively, exercise outside, spend time with my family, and share with others the lessons the Lord teaches me every day! I am a Certified Holistic Nutrition Health Coach and I spent more than a decade training and teaching fitness. My true passion however is leading women into truth and helping them to discover healing and freedom from disordered eating after walking through my own 13 year journey to freedom from varied eating disorders. It’s my true honor and privilege to join Katie as we endeavor to lead women with similar issues into the freedom, victory and abundant life the Lord has for them.
Football season is officially upon us- which means it is also officially time for Game Day Recipes! Here are some of my healthy alternatives that are sure to impress the crowd at your next tailgate!
The last recipe contest I held here at Dashing Dish was the protein shake competition. It was a huge success, and I loved hearing the creative recipe variations you guys came up with! Since it is summer, and we seem to have a few extra hours ‘added’ to our days, I thought, why not hold another Recipe Contest!
As you all know, I love my protein shakes, but recently I have been equally enjoying my overnight protein oatmeal! The great thing about overnight oatmeal is that you can prepare it well in advance, it is portable, it sticks with you well until lunch time, and let’s face it- its pretty delicious! With that being said, I would love to see some of the creative spins that you put on this wonderfully delicious and easy breakfast! I can’t wait to hear what you guys come up with!
Prizes: The winner will receive a $100 Amazon Gift Card and a publication of the winning recipe on Dashing Dish! Runner up will receive their choice of a Dashing Dish Meal Plan.
How to enter: Using my protein overnight oatmeal base (listed below), simply add your own ingredients and flavor variations to create a flavor and name of your very own oatmeal and submit the entry form below.
Base for protein overnight oatmeal:
Don’t be afraid to think outside the box, be creative, and most importantly, have fun!
The contest will be closed on July 25, 2014 and I will announce the winner/runner up on Facebook and Twitter. The winner/runner up will also be notified by email, so be sure to include that with your entry!