1. Plan Ahead. Meal planning has proven to be one of the best ways to stay on track with a healthy lifestyle in my own life. During busy week days, it is incredibly helpful to have healthy meals that are ready, (or at least part of the way prepared), and it also helps save money, and last minute take-out runs!
2. Be Prepared. Being prepared is essential when it comes to living a healthy lifestyle. Being prepared can be as simple as carrying a small protein packed snack with you in your purse or car. Having a healthy snack when you are out, and keeping your fridge and pantry stocked can prevent unhealthy choices when you find yourself busy and hungry.
3. Choose Wisely. You don’t have to let healthy eating fall by the wayside when you go out to eat, or are at a get together with friends. Making wise choices with what there is to offer is one of the best ways to stay on track when you are not eating at home. I personally like to fill up on veggies, fruit, and lean protein choices when possible. Another great option is to bring a healthy dish to pass!
4. Be Active. Being active can be fun, and it does not have to take a lot of time out of your day. Even if you take a 30 minute walk every day, try to do something to get your body moving at least 3-6 days a week. Not only will it help you maintain a healthy weight, but it will improve your mood and give you energy!
5. Get Enough Sleep. Sleep is essential to living a healthy lifestyle. Our bodies simply do not work the way they should, and we are less likely to make smart choices when it comes to our health if we do not get enough sleep. I recommend getting at least 7 hours of sleep at night.
6. Be Well Balanced. Overall, living a healthy lifestyle should be something that is not only achievable, but is also maintainable long term. The only way that this is possible is with balance. I always say that the key to living a truly healthy lifestyle is moderation! Too much of anything is never a healthy thing, and that goes for all extremes, even if they seem like a good thing. Aim to enjoy life, make wise choices, and take care of your body. It will thank you in return!
Large Baking Pan- Where to Find: Home Goods, Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, Williams & Sonoma, etc.
Glass Nesting Mixing Bowls- Where to Find: Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, Williams & Sonoma, etc.
Mini Spatula- Where to Find: Home Goods, Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, Williams & Sonoma, etc.
Ice Cream Scooper- Where to Find: Home Goods, Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, Williams & Sonoma, etc.
Sharp Kitchen Knife- Where to Find: Williams & Sonoma, etc. Brands to Consider: Lower-priced: Chicago Cutlery, Forschner / Higher-priced: Wüsthof, Henckels
Hand Held Mandolin Slicer- Where to Find: Home Goods, Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, etc.
Parchment Paper Muffin Liners- Where to Find: Kroger, etc.
Vegetable Spiralizer- Williams & Sonoma
Vitamix Blender- Williams & Sonoma
If you don’t want to invest in a Vitamix, I also recommend:
Ninja Blender, Kitchen Aid Blender, or a Magic Bullet
When my husband and I originally came up with the name Dashing Dish, we did so with the intention of offering catering, alongside my website and ministry. Come to find out, God had different plans. It’s amazing how He always brings things full circle. Little did we know, the name ‘Dashing’ would one day relate to grocery delivery of a different kind.
God recently put it on our hearts to put the ‘Dashing’ into Dashing Dish by delivery groceries and grocery gift cards to people in need. We are sharing this with you today, because if you have supported Dashing Dish you are also a part of this ministry. We want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for being a part of Dashing Dish. We truly believe that God has bigger plans for this ministry than we could have ever imagined and this is just the beginning.
Because it’s the holidays we want to start this ministry off with a bang. We feel there is no greater time to show God’s love than this time of year. For that reason, we are selling Dashing Dish shirts to support this cause.
Click the pic above to order your Dashing Dish t-shirt and 100% of the proceeds will go to support this Dashing Delivery ministry. Thank you so much for all of your support, donations, and prayers. Because of YOU, people are finding God’s love in a tangible way.
If you would like to hear more about this ministry, watch this short video:
So many times I’ve heard the saying that in order to get over ‘emotional eating’ you have to fill up on God’s Word…But every time I heard someone say that it left me questioning, how EXACTLY do you actually do that?! I hope this Dashing Devotional Video provides a more clear idea on how to ‘fill up on God’s Word’ and put an end to emotional eating once and for all!