1. Enjoy Fresh Summer Fruit & Veggies. Take advantage of in season fresh produce and farmers markets. Also, wash and cut produce right away all at once so it is ready to eat, and to cut down on prep time in the kitchen!
2. Make Your Own Frozen & Iced Drinks. Skip the sugary frozen drinks and high calorie and high sugar fruit drinks and sweetened iced tea and swap it out for a home made healthy version instead! Check out the Dashing Dish shakes & smoothies, iced coffee, and try out True Lemon drink mix packets or make your own lemonade or iced tea sweetened with stevia!
3. Plan Ahead when Traveling. When traveling, pack some healthy snacks and/or meals to go! Some great options for snacks are protein bars, apples, nuts, or even some homemade Dashing Dish protein packed snacks! For meals, try packing some wrap sandwiches or salads in a cooler along with some Greek yogurt, string cheese, carrots and fruit! This will save you time, money, and prevent unhealthy choices!
4. Make Your Own Frozen Treats. Instead of buying ice cream for home, make your own Dashing Dish ice cream, popsicles, and sorbet! This will save you tons of unwanted sugar and calories, and you can still enjoy your favorite frozen treats in a clean, healthy way!
1. Plan Ahead. Meal planning has proven to be one of the best ways to stay on track with a healthy lifestyle in my own life. During busy week days, it is incredibly helpful to have healthy meals that are ready, (or at least part of the way prepared), and it also helps save money, and last minute take-out runs!
2. Be Prepared. Being prepared is essential when it comes to living a healthy lifestyle. Being prepared can be as simple as carrying a small protein packed snack with you in your purse or car. Having a healthy snack when you are out, and keeping your fridge and pantry stocked can prevent unhealthy choices when you find yourself busy and hungry.
3. Choose Wisely. You don’t have to let healthy eating fall by the wayside when you go out to eat, or are at a get together with friends. Making wise choices with what there is to offer is one of the best ways to stay on track when you are not eating at home. I personally like to fill up on veggies, fruit, and lean protein choices when possible. Another great option is to bring a healthy dish to pass!
4. Be Active. Being active can be fun, and it does not have to take a lot of time out of your day. Even if you take a 30 minute walk every day, try to do something to get your body moving at least 3-6 days a week. Not only will it help you maintain a healthy weight, but it will improve your mood and give you energy!
5. Get Enough Sleep. Sleep is essential to living a healthy lifestyle. Our bodies simply do not work the way they should, and we are less likely to make smart choices when it comes to our health if we do not get enough sleep. I recommend getting at least 7 hours of sleep at night.
6. Be Well Balanced. Overall, living a healthy lifestyle should be something that is not only achievable, but is also maintainable long term. The only way that this is possible is with balance. I always say that the key to living a truly healthy lifestyle is moderation! Too much of anything is never a healthy thing, and that goes for all extremes, even if they seem like a good thing. Aim to enjoy life, make wise choices, and take care of your body. It will thank you in return!